Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Vacation fail

So the last week I've been in Orlando.  It was a wonderful trip.  We went to Universal  studios, Downtown Disney, and a glass bottom boat tour.  Lava Lamp's parents rented a house with a pool.  It was fantastic.  We walked miles every day and managed to work out 2 days while we were there.  

On the other hand, food sucked.  I started out with all the best intentions.  The problem with sharing a house with people, is they bring all sorts of crap into the place.  I'm serious.  Every  brand of junk food.  Chips, cookies, ice cream, cake, etc.  And I am weak.  Oh so weak.  In my house, Lava Lamp keeps his junk food in a cabinet over the fridge.  Out of sight, out of mind.  This place had stuff all over the counters.  

I got to learn what a slider food does to you.  It literally just slides down.  No feeling of satiety what so over.  And that's the sucky part.  I could handle eating junk food if it actually filled me up.  Eat some ice cream and hungry in an hour.  Also, watermelon is a slider food, come to find out, but excellent when you want something cold to munch on.  

I came home and I gained 5 pounds.  So not as bad as could have been.  Lava Lamp and I split dinners.  That never would have happened prior to surgery.  I have come back from weekends with the in laws and gained 15 pounds.  I'll take it.  

So now back home.  We got a bunch of salad stuff and yesterday I prepped it all.  Fancy lettuce, sliced strawberries, blue cheese, and chopped up roterrise chicken.   Add that to my Lite baby bells and some honey ham and you got my food plan for the week.  Tomorrow will be getting up at 7 am and taking my punishment with Shawn T.  And back on the 64 ounces of detox green tea. 

One week does not constitute failure.  One week is not the rest of my life.  Time to get back on the weight loss bandwagon.  
At the Lego store at down town Disney
Universal's Island of Adventure Jurassic Park
Catching the Hogwart's express
With the lucky palm tree at the glass bottom boat tours

No comments:

Post a Comment