Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Weigh in Wednesday Week 4


Starting weight: 278
Last week's weight:247
Today's weight: 243.5
Lost: 3.5
Total loss: 34.5
So I forgot to take a picture of the scale this morning.  Oops.  So today you have to do with photos from my fitness pal and fitbit.  So far I have kept up with T25.  Occasionally, I just breathe heavily in a accusatory manner at Shaun T.  Friday is the double workout day.  I have to work a 12 hour shift on that day so I decided to go ahead to do it.  Wow.  That sucked.  So far calories have been 700-921.  Water and protein has been on target.

Beth Ann posted an awesome article.  It talks about what women look like after massive weight loss.  I think this is a good think for all of us weight loss surgery survivors to know.  I did not have my sleeve done to look like a super model.  I will never look like a super model.  Not with out extensive  plastic surgery.  And even then.  I had weight loss surgery to have a better quality of life.  To stop diabetes.  To halt my heart problems.  I know that after I've lost my 100+ pounds I will need spanx to smooth lumps and bumps and my breasts will sag.  I don't think that will make me any less of a success story.

I believe we live in a world with unrealistic expectations of people's bodies.  I will never have slender hips with out first breaking my pelvic bone.  I do believe there is a certain trend lately and I hope it takes hold.  The trend is toward being healthy and strong.  That's what I want to be.  I want to be able to pack my dog's 50 lb bag of dog food.  I want to be able to walk with out getting out of breath.  I want to be known as fit. I do not want to strut down a cat walk in my undies.  

That's all of a rant I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment